Cost to join the club and team? First you need to became the USAV member(all players, practice players) The cost will depending on the Level and team. check here : Team fee, Uniforms, gear, T-shirts.
Q:How long are the weekly practices? A: Depending on the Level and team Approximate. 2 x 2 hours = mostly 4 hours/week, please check RVC schedule & calendar section.
Q:Does she have to join the Carolina Region/USA Volleyball before tryouts or can we wait and see if she makes a team first? A: Our goal is to keep as many as we can in the right skill/athleticism and age group as possible. yes, she need to join a full year USAV for $45 (before 11/1 after will be $55) or if you not ready to become USAV member then just $5 for one event day and $10 for Multi-Day One-Event fee.
RVC Tournament and policies:
- All Regional Tournaments can last all day (starts from 9 AM).
- Teams will begin pool play where they will play each team in their pool with the winning teams advancing.
Other tournaments/Multi-day tournament time can be varied. check our schedule for updates. http://vb1.us/schedule.html
- We recommend that you pack a cooler for your athlete for the day of a tournament because they can run long.
- Some players bring pillows and sleeping bags so they can rest between rounds. Homework, books, etc. are all recommended for some of the longer tournaments.
- Arrive early so you can help set up your team area and get ready to warm-up. Except for starting times, most tournaments do not follow a set time schedule. Matches will begin 10 minutes after the end of the previous match.
But to be on the safe side, expect to be there all day.
- Player to be at the court 45 minutes prior to the game time. also, check the referee, scorekeeping assignments, they could be earlier than game time. Bring a referee whistle, everyone needs to pass the USAV JR. Referee and share score/linesman/up or down referee duties.
- Player May Not Leave A Tournament Until All Play And Work Is Completed. If The Team Has Officiating Duties, All Players Stay No Matter How Many Are Required To Work. The Player Will Be Suspended Indefinitely Until The Issue Is Resolved, No Refunds.
- For player safety: always let the coach know where you are and always go with parents or teammates.
- Please go over to the RVC player, parents, and travel policies - http://vb1.us/forms.html
- Fees are not-refundable. The fee structure for RVC was very carefully determined in order to cover the above costs. These cost commitments are fixed and are not minimized
- If a players stops participating. Therefore, fees are non-refundable regardless of the length of participation in the club. Fees will not be refunded and/or prorated for players who cannot attend a tournament or
- If a tournament is canceled due to weather or reasons beyond the club's control,
- If any player decides to quit the club or is removed from the club due to policy violations, the player will not be refunded any fees.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- RVC does not reschedule matches which are canceled due to reasons beyond the club's control, such as inclement weather, power outages, etc.
- With this in mind, RVC will wait as long as possible to determine whether the conditions warrant closing the facilities.
- In any event, emergencies excluded, a decision will be made no later than two hours before the scheduled event or activity. For example, if league play is affected, a decision will be made no later than 5:00 pm (earlier if the conditions dictate)
Raleigh Volleyball Club Grievance Procedure
Junior Officiating Clinics both score & Referee clinics- for all players & coaches Coaches Impact clinics - all coaches
Calendar and Schedule:
The schedules on the calendar are dynamic so please check them everyday for updates.
- As the technology of electronic media has become more advanced and utilized by more people at younger ages, it has become a source of concern for the club and its attempt to ensure a positive experience throughout the season. As a result of the well-known and wide spread use of sending bullying or posting negative or derogatory Text Messages, Tweets, Facebook Posts, Instagram photos or through any other social media source available, Raleigh Volleyball Club will institute a NO TOLERANCE policy towards this issue. Any player or parent found to have sent or posted any comments, statements or opinions that are deemed harmful, dangerous, threatening or negative in nature towards the club or any of its members, staff or players will be subject to disciplinary action and COULD FACE IMMEDIATE release from the Raleigh VBC.
- As monitoring of this problem cannot be placed solely upon the club, it will be the responsibility of the parent(s) to police their player’s actions and use of these message delivery systems. This will also include any siblings, family members and friends etc., who are found to have chosen to violate this policy on behalf of a current member of Raleigh Volleyball Club. Sexual or Physical Abuse Policy:
- Raleigh Volleyball Club recognizes that all forms of sexual abuse, assault or harassment with athletes are illegal and unethical, even when an athlete invites or consents to such behavior or involvement. Sexual abuse and harassment is defined as, but not limited to, repeated comments, gestures or physical contacts of a sexual nature. This includes demanding sexual favors in exchange for promotions, unwelcome touching of any kind, unwanted letters, telephone calls, texts or email of a personal nature, unwarranted inquiries about personal life or sexual habits, repeated jokes with sexual content, and sexual comments about a person’s appearance or body.
- In addition, Raleigh Volleyball Club will not tolerate hazing. Hazing is defined as any intentional act that endangers the mental or physical health of one person or a group of people, by another person or group of people, for the purpose of group acceptance or membership. Hazing behavior would include but is not limited to: brutality such as beating or striking, excess calisthenics, excessive consumption of food or drink, or intimidating/threatening activities that cause extreme mental stress.
- Raleigh Volleyball Club will not tolerate sexual or physical abuse of any of its staff or of participants. Raleigh Volleyball Club regards the safety of the young athletes entrusted to our care and instruction as our highest priority. We do not tolerate physical behavior that compromises that priority. We monitor activities and interactions to try to prevent miscommunication that cause discomfort to any of our athletes or parents.
Jr. Referee Clinic Online: All the players and coaches must pass Carolina Junior Referee Training - Every year.
- Preregister Is Required. Junior Referee Training(score keeping is included) - Online Clinics - CR17_102 Carolina Junior Referee Training - Every year.
- Login in to your Carolina Region/USAV member account (Make sure you are current for the 2016/2017 Season!).
- On the left-hand MENU area, look under the "USA Volleyball Events" menu item.
- Click the + button next to "Region Clinics" to expand the menu offerings then
- Choose "Region Ref/Score Clinics". All our Online Clinics will be listed under the September, clinic offerings (Start date of Sept 22 - July 31, ).
- Read the descriptions below and choose ONLY the CR17_102 Carolina Junior Referee Training you need in order to get certified (REMEMBER - DO NOT also register for a Scorer Clinic - Scorer certification modules will be included in ALL Junior Referee clinics!)
Practices and Tryouts are closed to parents - The purpose for closed practices is to create a productive environment free from as many distractions as possible. In addition the insurance coverage for the practices only covers club players.